Breakfast smoothie recipe
#1 February 20, 11:25 pm
Breakfast smoothie recipe

I agree with the posts of this group. Just wanted to share my breakfast smoothie recipe. It's a bit of an art, since I've made one almost every day for the past several years. This recipe makes about 6 cups (3 cups is one good serving, so this recipe is for two people, but can easily be adapted to one).

Frozen/fresh fruits: Choose 3-5 fruits from bananas, blackberries, blueberries, mango, peach, plum, kiwi, pineapple, strawberries. Choose organic if possible.

My favorite combo is pineapple, strawberries, blackberries, and peach.

Add a non-dairy milk, UNsweetened (you have to read the labels closely): almond milk, rice milk, soy milk, etc. I like almond milk best.

Then add: (your choice)

UNsweetened Yogurt (for a fermented product): 2 spoonfuls, goat milk yogurt is my favorite

Almonds, raw: 5-10

Brown or Golden Flax seeds (good source of fiber, omega-3's): 1 tbsp

Protein powder: 2 tbsp (I use whey now, but have tried most others)

Greens powder: 1 tsp (I currently use KyoGreens-can't even taste it in the smoothie)

Raw extra virgin olive oil (good source of omega-9's): 1 tsp

Raw coconut oil (good source of medium-chain triglycerides): 1 tsp

Date pieces or whole date (sweet and loaded with nutrients)

A "squirt" of agave nectar (healthy sweetener)

Filtered water to desired consistency

I also add a raw egg (free-range, organic), because of its protein bioavailability

Blend together whatever ingredients sound good, and enjoy! The sweetness is just right because of the fruits. It has no artificial chemicals or anything. Chock full of healthy proteins, healthy fats (omega 3, 6, 9), and no grains. Gets several servings of fruits/veggies to start the day off right.

I find that it gives plenty of energy for several hours, it's easy to make, and absolutely delicious! ""

Try it sometime, or share your own recipe, and let us know what you think!

-Dr. Joel E. Brame