Soy Milanesas recipe
#1 July 3, 12:36 pm
Soy Milanesas recipe
Milanesas consist of a breaded sirloin that is usually found in South America, here in Argentina some people also eat a version of milanesas made with soy. They are not exactly the same as the original milanesas but they are a good and nutritive alternative.

Ingredients:

1.1 pound of soy flour, if you prefer you can use soy beans instead. Just leave them in water for 1 day, then cook them for about 3 hours, take out the beans and mash them to get a paste
1 cup of oatmeal (optional)
1 tb spoon sault
Water, about a glass or until you can make a dough
Breadcrumbs

You have to mix the soy flour with salt, oatmeal and any ingredients you want to use to give the paste some flavour since the soy does not have much flavor by itself, you can use fine herbs, flavour cubes, add instant cream soup to the water, etc
It is usually a good idea to use something with a strong flavour otherwise you will not perceive it when after you cook them.

If you made the paste with beans then you will probably have to add soy flour and/or oatmeal/wheat flour so that you can turn it into a dough

You then extent the dough until it is about 5mm thick cut it in round shapes of about 4 inches of diameter then submerge then in boiling water for about 30 seconds and cover them with breadcrumbs. (the only reason to submerge them in water is so that it gets covered with breadcrumbs more easily, other than that there is not much difference except that it you leave it on water excesively it will lose some flavour and the milanesa could also fall to pieces).

Once it is ready, you have to cook it in the oven or in a skillet. A good way to prepare and to add more flavor to it, is to cover it with tomato sauce, ham and a slice of cheese if you want

#2 July 5, 6:48 pm
Thank you for sharing Smile
Steven Ferrel

Life Can Be An Adventure - Why Not Make It One!
#3 July 6, 10:36 am

Hello Alexis Smile

I know somebody who will enjoy getting a copy of this recipe! I will ship it right off.

Have a beautiful Sunday! Catherine

#4 August 2, 10:12 am
I am glad to hear that you liked it, I apologize if there are any grammar errors I translated the whole thing in my mind and this is the first time I write a recipe too.